Table of Contents
Hockey Paddles are also referred to as stickers, paddles, pushers, mallets, or goalies, an Air hockey game cannot be played without them. They are critical because they help defend and set up shots in air hockey games, so having the right air hockey paddles for your table is imperative.
While young players can play with low-quality Air Hockey paddles, Adults need paddles that can handle a beating and won’t crack or chip easily. Usually, when the paddles are lost, a lot of Air Hockey fans replace their paddles with ones that don’t suit their needs: that is why we are reviewing the top ten best air hockey paddles, in case you are in that position or just looking for one this article is for you.
If new to the Air hockey game, you might be wondering what exactly an Air hockey paddle is? An Air hockey paddle can be described as a simple handle attached to a flat surface; it is usually laid flush on the Air hockey table surface. The Air hockey paddles that are common look like small plastic Sombreros, and are called “high tops,” while others whose nub is shorter are known as “flat tops.”
Top 10 Air Hockey Paddles
1. Hathaway Pro-Series Air Hockey Set
This is our top pick for the best air hockey paddles; it comes as a set of paddles and pushers. The set is made up of two four inches paddles and two three-inch pucks.
• The paddles' sizes are perfect for a standard-sized air hockey table due to their dimensions.
• The paddles are made with an ergonomic design which makes them comfortable and long-lasting.
• They are slightly heavy; thus, less effort is used to shoot the puck across the surface of the table.
• The paddles are made of ABS plastic which is chip and cracks resistant. This material also provides resistance against impact and is reputed to be structurally solid and stiff.
2. Dynamo Goalie Mallet
The Dynamo brand is well known for the quality of their hair hockey tables, but also their Air hockey paddles do not disappoint. They are number two on our list as they offer the best paddles that money can buy.
• They are designed for full-sized tables and have perfect dimensions, weight, and design.
• They are designed for professional Air Hockey tables
• They are made of quality heavy-duty material and can handle constant air hockey action without chipping or cracking.
• They weigh 0.6 pounds and dimensions of 4 L x 4" W x 3" H, thus can deliver an appropriate intensity of force on the puck.\
• They are designed ergonomically for prolonged use and comfort.
3. Iconikal Air Hockey Replacement Puck Pusher Paddle Strikers
The Iconikal is also known for offering the best replacement paddles though for a home air hockey table setup.
Features • They are made of quality non-brittle ABS polymers material which makes them durable. • The bottom of the air hockey paddle is felt, thus allowing for smooth gliding. • Their ergonomically designed handles allow for multiple grips and perfect hand positioning. • The paddles measure 3.75 inches in diameter and 2.5 inches in height.
4. Brybelly Set of Two Large 3 3/4 Inch Air Hockey Paddles for Full Size Air Hockey Tables
This is also another perfect set on our list; they also make the ideal replacement air hockey paddles due to their design. It is a perfect design to go for if looking for sombrero-style mallets for your air hockey table at home.
• They are large-sized and perfect for a full-size air hockey table
• They are made of the high-quality green felt-lined bottom, which offers smooth gliding across the air hockey table, protecting it from scratches.
• The paddle is designed ergonomically, allowing comfort and good hand positioning and grips.
• They are made of non-brittle plastic, which allows them to hold up to constant air hockey action and durability.
• They have a diameter of 3.75 inches.
5. Brybelly Air Hockey Sombrero Style Paddles
Brybelly also provides a sombrero-style air hockey mallet set for those mini air hockey tables and indoor sets. These sets are suitable for standard-sized air hockey tables. This set is a perfect replacement for worn-out or lost air hockey paddles.
• Feature a green-lined thick, high-quality felt on the bottom, which is smooth and protects the Air hockey table from scratches.
• They have a diameter of 3 inches.
• Handles are ergonomically made for easy handling and gripping.
6. Suzo Happ-Commercial Hockey Fluorescent White Goalies
Suzo-Happ is also known for making quality air hockey paddles. They are also affordable and long-lasting and can survive the heavy beating, and are perfect for kids.
• They are light in weight and measure 3.5 inches in diameter with a weight of an ounce.
• They are designed with absolute stability, thus won't fly away where fast gameplays are involved.
• They are large and can be handled comfortably, even by kids.
• The paddles glow under black light.
7. Qtimal Home Standard Air Hockey Paddles and 2 Size Pucks
The Qtimal is a big brand in the Air Hockey Industry, and its extensive line offers something to suit all their client needs. There Air hockey pucks also come as a set of both mallets and pucks. The set is made up of two paddles and a puck and is also available in different sizes.
• They are ergonomically designed to enhance more prolonged use and gameplay.
• The paddles are made of thick and tough ABS plastic that is crack and chip resistant.
• The paddles' bottom is covered with a soft, thin felt that can glide faster on the table surface without scratching it.
8. ONE250 Air Hockey Pushers and Red Air Hockey Pucks
One 250 is also another brand that is known for producing quality Air Hockey accessories. Their air hockey paddles also come as a set of both paddles and pucks.
• They are made of ABS polymer, which makes the paddles long-lasting
• They are perfect for a standard-sized Air hockey table
• They are designed to provide a fantastic family experience for a home Air Hockey table set up.
• Both children and adults can comfortably use the grip paddle as they are not too large.
9. Billiard Evolution 2 Air Hockey Pushers & 4 Pucks
Paddles from this brand are also the best value paddles in the market. It also comes as a set of both paddles and pucks.
• The paddles measure four inches in diameter with a length of two and a half inches.
• The paddle bottom is made of a thin, soft layered felt bottom that protects the surface of the table from damages and fast gliding action.
• The paddles are made of quality ABS material for durability
• They are constructed with hollow designs which help to keep their weight down.
10. Vktech 4Pcs Air Hockey Table Goalies and Pucks
This is said to be the best brand for kids, though adults can also use it. They also come with pucks and are a well-known brand.
• The mallets are lightweight and can be handled easily
• The paddles are perfect for standard-sized tables
• The paddles are 99mm in diameter
Top 3 Professional Air Hockey Paddles
Renowned manufacturers like Valley-Dynamo make the best commercial air hockey paddles available in the market. These paddles are built for professional air hockey gaming and are thus sturdy than those made for home-style Air hockey table setups. The professional paddles weigh approximately 4.5 ounces and have a diameter of 4 inches. Here are three that can be ranked as the best in the market.
1. Dynamo Goalie Mallet
Dynamo is our top choice of the best professional air hockey paddles in the market due to its unique and top design and features. This is an official Dynamo replacement set, and thus if your Air hockey table is of this brand, then finding a replacement won’t be an issue.
• The paddle is perfect for full-sized tables
• They are made for professional Air hockey tables
• They weigh 0.6 pounds with a dimension of 4 L x 4" W x 3".
• Thus, they are manufactured with heavy-duty material, which can handle the constant air hockey beating and are crack and chip resistant.
• They are larger than stock strikers/paddles.
2. Hathaway Pro-Series Air Hockey Striker and Puck Set
Even though it comes as a set, these are also the best Air Hockey paddles that money can buy. It might be a problem to consider if interested in paddles only and the price is inclusive.
• The paddles are bright red and have a felt base that is user-friendly and glide smoothly in action.
• They have a dimension of 4 inches in diameter.
• They are perfectly sized and can be handled easily with great comfort.
• They are made of heavy-duty material which is chip resistant and hard to crack.
3. Brybelli Mini Air Hockey Paddle
This is also another brand that offers Air Hockey paddles that are good for professional playing, especially this specific design. If you are looking for a Sombrero–style paddle then this is to go for.
• The paddles come in a set of two
• The paddle has a diameter of 3 inches
• Their bottoms are lined with green felt for smooth gliding and can thus protect the Air Hockey tables' surface.
Top 5 Mini Air Hockey Paddles
1. Brybelly mini air hockey paddles
The mini air hockey paddles are different from the others because they are smaller in size. Brybelly is a well-known brand for producing quality hockey accessories.
• They are made for standard air hockey tables.
• The paddles have a dimension of 2.5-inch diameter.
• Sombrero –style pusher
• Its bottom is lined with a green-felt for smooth gliding.
• Are ideal for game rooms
2. Epic Gifts-Mini Air Hockey Pucks and Paddles
This brand also provides mini air hockey paddles of high quality. They also come paired with pucks.
• They are made of quality ABS plastic material which is long-lasting
• These air hockey paddles' bottoms are lined with a green felt for smooth gliding and protection of the air hockey table.
• They are an excellent replacement for worn-out home air hockey paddles due to their quality.
3. AOWA 1 Set Air Hockey Pucks Mini Air Hockey Table Handles Mallet 60mm Felt Pushers 50mm Home Air Pucks Kids Air Hockey Game
This is also another brand of mini air hockey paddles available in the market.
• They are made of quality ABS material
• They are lined with a green felt on the bottom for smooth gliding
• They are suited for standard air hockey tables
• The paddles have a dimension of 2.6 inches in diameter.
4. Silfrae 3 Different Sizes Air Hockey Red Pushers Set of 2 Felt Paster, 2 Pushers, 4 Pucks
These are another brand of mini air hockey paddles that is also paired with four pucks.
Features • They are available in three different sizes • This brand have 96mm, 76mm, and 60mm dimensions for the smallest in diameter. • They are made of high-quality plastic that is resistant to chipping and cracking.
5. Brybelly Air Hockey Sombreros Style Paddles
Brybelly also has sombrero-style air hockey goalies for mini air hockey tables. These paddles are suited for standard-sized tables. They are an excellent replacement for worn-out paddles.
• The sombrero-style paddles bottoms are lined with green felt that is thick and of high quality.
• Each paddle has a diameter of 3 inches
• The handles of these paddles are designed ergonomically for easy handling and multiple gripping.
• They are red to look prominent on the Air hockey table surface.
Reason For Choosing A Suitable Hockey Mallet
Air hockey paddles are essential because, without them, the game cannot continue; that is why there is a need to buy the right hockey mallet. Paddles get worn out all the time, and the quality of your replacement should match what you had before. A paddle makes setting and defending a shot possible, so its importance cannot be underestimated. Choosing an Air hockey paddle that is not suitable can result in the following issues:
• Pucks flying everywhere during games
• Air hockey tables being scratched.
• The Paddles being too small or big for their required table.
• The Pucks not being able to move swiftly.
Commercial /Professional Styled –Air Hockey Paddles
There are significant distinctions between commercial/professional Air Hockey paddles and those made for home-built Air hockey setups. The best mallet available is commercial/professional paddles. Various brands manufacture them like Gold standard Games or Valley-Dynamo, among others. Here are some of the distinctive characteristics of professional air hockey tables.
• Professional mallets are made for playing on professional tables, and therefore they are sturdier than those made for home-style air hockey setup.
• The paddles are also heavy-duty and thus can’t suit the average home table. The paddles may also be too big and thus can occupy the home table.
• Since the paddle is heavy-duty when used on home tables, it won’t allow for sufficient airflow to support the movement. The puck won’t glide fast enough so that the game can be enjoyed even if a high-quality mallet is used.
• Professional air hockey paddles are also heavy; they weigh around 4.5 ounces and 4 inches in diameter.
• Due to their weight, the professional air hockey paddles are durable because their mass makes them less susceptible to chipping and cracking.
• The professional air hockey paddles’ diameter is also quite distinct; usually, they are larger than those of us in a home air hockey setup. The rigid professional air hockey rules specify that the air hockey paddle should not exceed 4 1/16″ dimensions in diameter and should not be more than 6oz in weight.
FAQs: Air Hockey Paddles
1. How is the air hockey paddle held?
An air hockey paddle is held from the backside and controlled from the side closest to your body. The thumb and pinky finger are kept off the paddle; thus the wrist can move freely thus the puck can be stroked with a maximum speed.
2. Where should I look for a replacement mallet for my hockey table?
The best place to start with when looking for a replacement air hockey paddle is the manufacturer of your table. Chances are they stock a similar replacement to your worn-out hockey mallet, or they can give you the dimensions so that you can look for suitable ones.
3. Are commercial/professional air hockey paddles the same as those used at home tables?
No, the professional air hockey paddles are different in size and weight than those made for a home air hockey setup.
4. Can the paddle meant for mini air hockey tables be used on the other tables?
No, when buying paddles, ensure that they are the right size for your hockey table. Mini air hockey paddles are suitable for mini air hockey paddles.
5. What is the best air hockey paddles brand?
There are various brands in the market, but the dynamo air hockey paddles are the best.
6. What is the required dimension for commercial air hockey paddles?
Professional air hockey paddles should not weigh more than 6oz, and their diameter should be 4 1/16″ inches. This is according to the set air hockey professional set regulations.
7. What are the best air hockey paddles for beginners and kids?
Kids and beginners usually start with mini air hockey tables, and thus mini air hockey paddles are what they will need. This is because they are less heavy for their hands and thus will enable them to learn quickly.
8. Is there a need to buy a good air hockey paddle?
Yes, an air hockey paddle is an essential accessory in the air hockey game used to control the puck. So, getting a good air hockey paddle will enable a player to enjoy the game.
9. How much should I spend on a good air hockey paddle?
The amount of money spends to get a good air hockey depends on the budget and level of play, as professional air hockey paddles can be more costly than those for a home setup.
10. Are there used hockey paddles?
No, air hockey paddles get worn out, so buying used paddles is always not a good idea.
11. What material are air hockey paddles made from?
Most air hockey paddles are made from plastic.
12. Should all air hockey paddles have felt lining on the bottom?
Air hockey paddles that are lined with felt material on their bottom are good as they make them glide smoothly on the air hockey surface, preventing the table from scratches.
13. What are the best replacement air hockey paddles?
There are many brands in the market, but the best is the Dynamo Goalie Mallet.
14. What are the best professional air hockey paddles?
The best professional air hockey paddles in the market are Hathaway Pro-Series Air Hockey Striker and Puck Set. Though, there are other good brands like a dynamo.
15. What are the best replacement mini air hockey paddles?
The best replacement mini air hockey paddles are Brybelly mini air hockey paddles due to their unique features. This brand is also known for making other quality hockey paddles.
There are many Air hockey paddles on the market; getting the best paddle for your air hockey paddle is imperative, as we have discussed above. They all vary in size and weight, and therefore before buying, sufficient research should be done. When feeling stuck about which one to go for, especially where you have worn out, it is advisable to consult with where you bought your Air Hockey table to check if they have replacements.
Probably they will give some recommendations on the particular dimensions of their air hockey paddles and guide you appropriately. This article has reviews for the best for an air hockey home setup, best for professionals, and even for mini air hockey tables. In case you are feeling stuck on what to settle for, look at this article. It will give you some guidance.